National Working Group on EU Youth Dialogue
The National Working Group on EU Youth Dialogue is established by order of the minister of youth and sports for the purposes of the implementation of the European Union Youth Strategy 2019-2027 and the Resolution of the Council and of the representatives of the Member States meeting within the Council establishing guidelines on the governance of the EU Youth Dialogue. The National Working Group contributes to the organization of consultations and the promotion of the Youth Dialogue impact. Among others, some of its main tasks are as follows:
- To ensure consistent and continuous process of EU Youth Dialogue implementation with the consultations focused on issues defined by the Trio Presidency;
- To work for the strengthening of EU Youth Dialogue as a space for meaningful participation of young people in the decision-making processes and in the monitoring and assessment of youth-related policies;
- To support actions that contribute to the integration and cross-sectoral application of European youth goals drafted by young people during the Structured Dialogue sixth cycle;
- To develop and promote multi-level cooperation between stakeholders at national and European level in order to make the process more inclusive, visible and sustainable;
- To raise the awareness of the community, young people, nongovernmental organizations and relevant institutions about the EU Youth Dialogue process at national and local level;
- To carry out consultations with view of possible decision to be submitted to the attention of the Council of the European Union;
- To map out specific actions to be presented to the Council of the European Union for further discussion; etc.
The National Working Group on EU Youth Dialogue comprises representatives of the Ministry of Youth and Sports, Ministry of Labour and Social Policy, Ministry of Education and Science, Employment Agency, Human Resources Development Center, National Center of Public Health and Analysis, National Association of Municipalities in the Republic of Bulgaria, national representative youth organisations, National Representation of Students’ Councils, National Youth Forum; youth organisations involved in professional unions; youth organisations that work for the development of young people and youth work at local and/or regional level.
The term of office of the working group’s members and chair coincides with the relevant Trio Presidency.